Friday, September 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Fudge

It's Arizona.
It's HOT here.
We don't turn on the oven.
But...

My kids still want some "home-baked" goodness every once in awhile, and so do I :). This recipe is great because it's all stove-top and fridge. (Just how I like to do it in the summer time!)

The ingredients:

1/2 C. Butter
2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Milk
1 C. Peanut Butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 C. powdered sugar

Normally I don't cook like this. I'm a "scoop from the bag" kind of gal, but I wanted to show off my VINTAGE china. Isn't it special?




Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat,



When butter has melted, add brown sugar and milk,



bring it all to a rolling boil, set your timer, and stir it FREQUENTLY for two minutes.



After two minutes turn off your stove and add your peanut butter and vanilla.
Mix slowly until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth.



Carefully pour your peanut butter mixture into a mixing bowl. Add your powdered sugar, and mix until smooth and creamy.



Press into a glass baking dish. I use 8x8 for thick fudge squares, and 9x13 if I want thinner pieces.




Refrigerate for 1 hour, then cut into bits and enjoy!



**Be sure to RUN 2 extra miles in the morning, because you won't be able to have just one piece!**

1 comment:

  1. come hop on over to our blog if you would ever like to be featured or just need new recipes.

    These look really yummy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails